As part of our remit to promote the well-being of project participants across the county, the WiLL project (Work.Live.Leicestershire) is offering free exercise sessions at a number of leisure centres. This offer is made possible by a collaboration with Everyone Active, who manage over 170 leisure facilities nationwide, in conjunction with local authorities. Project participants are eligible for one to two vouchers a week, which will be provided by their individual advisor. Each voucher can be exchanged for an exercise session at one of the four participating leisure centres:
- Hermitage Leisure Centre, Coalville
- Hood Park Leisure Centre, Ashby-de-la-Zouch
- Harborough Leisure Centre
- Waterfield Leisure Centre, Melton Mowbray
The facilities offered by each of these leisure centres include four general types activity:
- Fitness: gym sessions with state-of-the-art equipment
- Group Exercise: a range of classes to suit all ages and abilities
- Sport Hall Activities: such as badminton, basketball, netball, volleyball
The offer has been launched initially in Coalville, but will shortly be extending to both the Harborough and Melton area. For further information participants should contact their advisor.
The WiLL project is financed by the European Social Fund and The National Lottery Community Fund, as part of Building Better Opportunities initiative. For further information about the project and how to get involved, please contact us, or alternatively follow the project on Facebook or Twitter at @workliveleic.